We’ve made it to year eight! Since 2015, the Blue Heron Homecoming has expanded community involvement in the Akron Waterways Renewed! program and in water quality throughout the region. Every year, this event grows in new and exciting ways, and we are delighted to invite you to join us for this year’s homecoming on Friday, June 17, 2022 from 10:00am-2:00pm.
Blue Heron Homecoming’s mission is to:
- Bring the community together to learn about the services the City of Akron provides that protect our environment and public health
- Educate citizens on the impact of CSOs on our rivers, creeks, and streams, and the steps that AWR! and the City are taking to resolve these issues, while highlighting how these actions benefit the community for generations to come
- Inform citizens of ways in which they can help reduce the amount of overflow that impacts our waters
- Provide local jobs and training opportunities
This year, our theme is “Restored: The Path Forward” to highlight all the achievements that the Akron Waterways Renewed! program has accomplished. Plan on bringing the entire family to this free event where you’ll enjoy:
- Hands-on exhibits for kids and adults
- Educational and Environmental tours
- Fun giveaways
- Free food and entertainment
- Free vouchers for a rain barrel and sapling
You’ll also get an opportunity to hang with Eco and meet his new apprentice, Sprout.
The event will take place at Cascade Valley Metro Park – 837 Cuyahoga Street, Akron, OH 44313 rain or shine.
We look forward to seeing you there!